Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Indy Travels: Region V

Bicol Region 



Bicol is located in Luzon. It is known for its products such as pili, abaka and all things spicy. I last went to Bicol 7 years ago, and since then I longed to come back. 

Last May 22, 2015, I did. :)
Until I see you again...


Part 1: ON THE ROAD

It was a road trip kind of vacation :) I went there with my mom and some of her co-workers. We left at 2 am in the morning of May 22, Friday. From Metro Manila, we drove and I slept. I woke up to a beautiful sunrise of another day. 






First destination was MISISBIS BAY. We had to pass a lot of towns to get there so here are some "on the road" pictures to get you by. That was what I did to pass time... Look outside, take pictures and just appreciate nature's beauty. 





Alas, we arrived. 

Part 2: MISIBIS BAY 


Misibis is located at the tip of the main island of the region. 

If you're planning to go to Bicol to relax and really go on a stress-free vacation, this is the place to go. You don't even need to look for other resorts in Misibis, because this is the only one. HAHAHA! 





To know more about the place or book your reservations, visit their site HERE

We spent a day there and it was just amazing. Except for room issues here and there (our room door wouldn't open because the lock was out of battery)... minorities. 

There was a beach and a lot of swimming pools. Villas of different architectural structures with a similar theme is definitely an edge to this resort.








The room is a great place for a pillow fight too! 



 You can literally get lost and find yourself in a different part of the place (I did), and I found a play ground. :)




And yes, we had more pictures than necessary because everywhere was a nice place to take photos. 

I posted more photos of myself in another blogpost! Do check it out HERE! :D

I had a blast with my mom's friends- who became my friends as well :) 






Squad Goals? Definitely <3 

Another thing to know about Misibis Bay is that not far from the resort, there is an outdoor amphitheater that just takes your breath away.





And a chapel that is half-way done


And more fun stuff to do, like hiking and zip lining. Sadly,we didn't get to do those because we needed to go back on the road to our next destination.  

Part 3: CAGSAWA RUINS

The church of Cagsawa is located at Daraga, Albay, just at the base of the active Mayon volcano. So it is no surprise that during the year 1814, Cagsawa church was burried in ashes and debris of Mayon's volcanic rage. Only the bell tower was able to rise above the land where a whole church used to stand. 

Today, it is a park where tourists can have a scenic viewing of the volcano.





Mt. Mayon playing hide-and-seek



Part 4: MOUNT MAYON  

Going to Bicol meant seeing Mt. Mayon. It's not just any mountain, it is known for its perfect cone-shape appearance and it's volcanic activity.  The last time I went to Bicol, I didn't get to see its shape because of things we can't control *ehem ehem* *clouds*. 

Thought it would be the same case, but God answered my prayers and let me see it. 

And gosh, it was beautiful. 
Dusk of May 23, 2015

Afternoon of May 23, 2015

Morning of May 24, 2015

You look for words to describe it, because honestly, I was left speechless and just thanking tectonic plates for their movement. :)

On May 23, We went on an ATV (all terrain vehicle) ride to the base of Mt. Mayon (Via Cagsawa Ruins). It wasn't that close to the mountain but it was a great, exhilarating experience for all of us.





We drove back to Legazpi City and spent the night at Hotel St. Ellis. Click here to check their official website. (They have free WIFI :D)


Part 5: NAGA CITY

Naga City is very close to my heart and my family's because we have a piece of land here dating back to my great great grandmother's time. 

And also because of our devotion to Our Lady of Penafrancia. Ever since I can remember, my grandmother went to Bicol every September to celebrate her feast. Seven years ago, my cousins and I went with her to share that devotion for the first time.







It's such a bright place for me to be back here with my mother just like the first time years ago.

Someday, I'll be coming back to this city every September too. 


We stayed at The Avenue Plaza Hotel situated at the heart of the city. Click here to check the 3- star hotel and all its facilities. 

Then it was time to go home.

Part 6: SCENERIES WE CAME ACROSS 


Here are some beautiful things for you guys <3 :) 











Part 7: What I think

I think of how blessed I am to see another part of the Philippines. It was such a great experience that I'll keep.

I think about the people I'm with on this trip and how they contributed to the amazing experience.

I think about how I saw my bright place alone and how I saw another with my mom and how I saw another with other people. 

I think about how I am seeing a bright place every time I thank God for a bright place. hehe


"Bicol, Magayon ka." 
(means: Bicol, you are beautiful.)



Until the next bright place, 

Indy R. 





No comments:

Post a Comment