Friday, August 28, 2015

Passion Pit: Star Magic Workshop 2015


We all have that one thing we all go crazy for

that one childhood dream we never really let go of

and all we could do is hope that it was meant for us

but, you know, 

reaching for the stars makes you feel closer than just merely looking at them.




Disclaimer: This is not about Passion Pit, the band. No hate please :)


Passion (n) - a strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something

Need I say more?

The past 5 months had been a journey I will never forget; because I have found a family who shares the same passion as I do.... acting. 

This experience is one worthwhile in so many degrees. 

Star Magic Workshops has opened my eyes to the art of acting; there is so much more to it, I'm telling you. 

Graduation


I will not go in depth as to what we do here, because I might get reprimanded if I do (HAHAHA) :) 
But to enlighten you a little bit, we are taught Ivana Chubbuck's 12-tool acting technique. You can know more about this through reading her published book entitled "The Power of the Actor". Better yet, enroll in Star Magic workshops! 

It has been such a fun ride with my classmates in Sunday 10am Introductory class. I didn't only find a friend in each of them, but it is also a great privilege to watch them grow as actors and as persons as the workshops go on. 



To my classmates, 
1..2..3.. AIR!


I'm so proud of each of you :) I wouldn't trade anything for all our memories together. I'm glad that I met amazing people such as you guys. You made each Sunday of the last 5 months something to look forward to and to be excited about. Thank you for all your trust (#karga) and for all the rehearsals together XD each one was a different adventure! I want you all to remember to keep dreaming and fighting for that dream :) Our paths together did not end after graduation. We just went on our separate ways, but I'm sure that I'll see you in an intersection one day :) Thank you for the friendship! Keep being amazing <3 God Bless, always. 


To Ms. Air, 

You have been so kind and patient to us, and I'm personally so grateful to have met you. It is such a privilege to learn from THE ONE AND ONLY Ms. AIR PAZ! :) "Talon sa bangin, always say yes, you're only as good as your last performance, lines are just lines, step up, trust your work, get into trouble, believe in what you imagine, and never give up" are just some of the lessons I've picked up from you. Thank you for believing in me, and in the class. Keep on inspiring other people as you have inspired us. See you real soon (because I can always replay your LBC commercial ahah) <3 God bless, always <3 


To Miss Jane, Sir Bong and all those who help and assist us each week,


 thank you very much <3 Your efforts are appreciated. Thanks for always reminding us to practice professionalism and instilling in us a desirable work ethic :)) 



To Mama and ate Alex, 


Mama took the pic :) 

After showcase lunch at Project Pie

Thank you for bearing with me and for supporting me all the way. Kung wala kayo, ewan ko ba hahah. Thank you for believing in me. I love you, both. 


To Jannine and Joaquin, 
Thank you for believing that I can pass intro class. You were right. :)



Here are some pictures from our showcase and from our rehearsals :) 







With Director Rahyan Carlos










A little behind the scenes



SUN 10am Intro class <3

Want to know what I wore during the showcase? 


Yup, I wore pajamas :) 


 And of course, I can't forget to mention Inigo Pascual <3 

#Indigo



I'm still not sure if I will register again in Advanced class, but even if I don't, I'm still thankful for this great blessing. Who wouldn't be? 

Star Magic helped me know myself more; my capabilities, my pains, my limits, my dreams, my joys and everything else. I can truly say I've grown as a person and as an actor. All the scenes we did, our goal was always to win it. Now I realize that life can also be a "scene", and we have to win at it too. Just like all the times we had to do a rework, the trick is to give it your all and NEVER GIVE UP. 

and sometimes, when you start the scene, you just have to trust that you did your job as an actor, and let go and let emotion take you away. 

This, for me, is a bright place. A bright place that I can live with for the rest of my life, if God plans for me to do that. 

XOXO


So, this is my passion. One of many, I believe. 

It is kept safe in my passion pit.

What's yours? 






Until the next bright place, 

Indy R.


1 comment:

  1. an inspiration to a great number of people! keep on inspiring a lot more children of God my dear <3

    ReplyDelete